Monday, July 12, 2010

Saturday June 5th: Day #8 in Haiti

Today we woke up around 4:30 and did some last minute packing before we had to head to the airport. Customs at the airport took FOREVER. We were all anxiously awaiting to get on the plane...finally it was my turn and I can't tell you what it felt like as I walked on the plane and felt the AIR CONDITIONER! I had gone 8 days without it and I missed it so much! The flights home weren't bad at all. I was excited to see my family but I was devastated that I already had to leave. It was nice when we landed in Miami and I could finally use my cell phone...I had missed that a lot as well! After Miami we flew to Dallas and then OKC! Most of the families came to welcome us home! My mom and dad came and picked Cassie (my roommate) and I up...they brought flowers, it was so sweet!! I was so happy to see them!

Unfortunately one of my bags did not make it on the flight, so we had to spend 30 minutes trying to find this bag when all we wanted to do was go home! They finally found it in some other state, who knows where! and they shipped it to me the next day :) So now I'm sure your wondering what's next?? Well if your not wondering I'm sorry but I'm going to tell you anways!

It has been over 30 days since we have been back from Haiti and, as some of you may know, I will be going back again in September (with my mother! I am excited to be given the opportunity to serve with her). I have been praying about returning since I have been back and only wanted to go back if it was God's will for me. I feel like God has put everything into place for me to go back and I am so fortunate to have the opportunity to go with another team from Journey Church. More than anything I would love for you to pray for not only me, but my team as well. So please PRAY that God will use me and my story, and my teammates, while on our trip to Haiti. And please, if you can, GIVE. I believe God blesses us so that we can bless others. Even one buck. It's going to cost $1750 total for me to go again. Just email me at randimichelle@ou.edu or send me a Facebook message and I can send you my address and other information.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. Thank you all again so much for supporting me financially and prayerfully. I wish I could express to you the life change that this has brought about it me but it is simply too big and wonderful to put into words. I went to Haiti expecting to change lives of the people I interacted with, never did I think that they would change mine. They taught me what it really means to literally have nothing, except God, and to still have everything. If you would like to talk to me more about this experience I would love to share more with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment